Kadai Chicken – Origin
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – In my view, it is originated from India.The chicken curry prepared in the utensil name called kadai (in tamil) becomes kadai chicken.In Pakistan and Bangladesh the simillar recipe called as karahi chicken, gosht karahi, Kadhai chicken and so on.
Kadai Chicken – Spices and cooking method
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – The cooking method is based on South Indian cuisines. Usually the kadai chicken prepared using boneless chicken. I have done two methods, kadai chicken with bone and kadai chicken with boneless.you can watch these recipes in my site.This is my version of cooking, in the first part marinated chicken pieces cooked with onion tomato, ginger garlic gravy with the basic spices(fresh powder or dry roasted) in a medium cooking process. The second part of the recipe includes sesame oil and crushed peppercorns added to the curry and cooked in the slow process till the gravy is thick. it makes the chicken very juicy, tender and well coated with spices.The texture and taste of the recipe is great. In Tamil Nadu, rice can be added at the end in the kadai and called as a kadai rice that everyone loves it.
Kadai Chicken – Nutritional health benefits
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins helps in losing weight quickly.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.Onion, tomato ,ginger,garlic, peppercorns, cumin, curry leaves have more medicinal properties and good for health.
Kadai Chicken – Serving method
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – is perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Kadai Chicken served as a main course for family gatherings, friends, parties or Sunday meal. This excellent dish can go well with rice, biryani, roti, naan, paratha, phulka, idli or dosa. Kadai Chicken is must try dish that anyone can do at any time. Try it.
Boneless Chicken -1kg
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
Curry leaves-2 spring
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Tomatoes- 2 medium
Curry leaves-2 sprig
Fresh Coriander — 1/3 bunches
- Dry roast the spices(except peppercorns) and make a fine powder and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric ,salt and lemon juice for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomatoes and the curry powder with turmeric and the salt.
- Allow it to cook for few mins in a medium flame.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the chicken pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it for the 5 mins in a medium flame.
- Add water and cook it for 7 mins in a medium flame.
- When the chicken is cooked sprinkle sesame oil and crushed peppercorns add it to the chicken curry and mix it well.
- Cook it in a slow flame for 7 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or roti.