Okra Recipes – Okra Curry is prepared using tamarind extract with Indian aromatic spices. Similar recipe can be prepared with legumes or yam. Okra curry recipe can be made with sesame oil, which gives richness to the dish, tastes excellent and healthy.
Okra recipes – Okra known in many English-speaking countries as ladies’ fingers, bhindi, bamia, or gumbo,It is popular in Indian and Pakistani cuisine, such as bhindi masala /sambar. In Malaysia okra is commonly a part of yong tau foo cuisine,served in a soup with noodles.
Tamarind is the highest source of protein. Protein can produce antibodies that help eradicate viruses and bacteria. Tamarind contains some vitamin C sufficient to keep the healthy teeth and gums and cures missing teeth or bleeding gums.
Okra Recipes – Okra Curry is a popular health food due to its high fiber, vitamin C, and folate content. Okra is also known for being high in antioxidants. Okra is also a good source of calcium and potassium.
Okra Recipes – Okra Curry is an authentic dish – okra tamarind curry from south India is an ancient dish, Okra Recipes – Okra Curry prepared using roasted aromatic spices which has its own flavor and health benefits.Variety of dishes can be prepared with this ingredients, eggplant, drumstick, black beans. Okra Recipes – Okra Curry very delicious and yummy taste.Simple to prepare.
Tamarind juice-1 cup
Garlic cloves-6 (optional)
Salt to taste
For the Tadka/Tempering:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dal-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 spring
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Wash and past dry okra and cut into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan add tempering spices.
- Once they spluttered, add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic cloves and sauté it.
- Add chopped okra pieces and fry it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and spices, mix it well.
- Cook for 10 mins in a medium flame.Stir is occasionally.
- When the okra pieces are cooked, add tamarind juice, salt and stir it well.
- Add water and cover it cook for 10 mins in a medium flame.
- When oil floats on the top and the gravy is thick, switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice,idli, or dosa.