Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe – Origin
Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe – Biryani- is a persian word and originated from Persia brought to India by Mughal.It is one of the famous dish in Mughal Emperors.Biryani is a special rice dish that cooked with meat or vegetables.For a non-vegetarian biryani, the main ingredient that accompanies the spices is the meat—beef, chicken, goat, lamb, fish or prawn. The dish may be served with Raita, korma, curry, brinjal curry, boiled egg and salad. For a vegetarian biryani meat can be replaced by mixed vegetables. Biryani is very popular dish in South Asian cuisine.
Types of Biryani – Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe
There are many types of biryani’s,the process of cooking makes the difference.I have done 28 types of biryani’s you can watch the recipe videos in my site.From my view there are two methods,rice and meat cooked separately with spices or rice and meat cooked together with spices.The other combination involves marination of meat.In Middle east the meat is cooked in curry,then fried and added to the biryani(Al kabsa, Carrot Rice).In North indian method, yogurt,nuts,saffron can be used. In south indian method yogurt,saffron, coconut, tomatoes and aromatic spices can be used. Hyderabadi Biryani from Nizam’s kitchen takes the unique position all the time.In which the marinated meat cooked with rice in slow cooking process called dum biryani. The slow cooking process helps rice to blend with meat and the flavor of spices.Plain biryani is called kushka biryani very popular dish in south India.
Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe – Spices and Cooking method
Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe – This is my version of cooking. its completely different from other biryani cooking methods.Baby basmati gives excellent taste to the dish.When it comes to spices, red chilli paste only used. The main ingredient is yogurt, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste. The rice is cooked with this mixture in slow process. kuska biryani is ver special plain biryani gives excellent taste.
Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe – Serving method
Kuska Biryani – Veg Biryani Recipe can be served as main course either for lunch or dinner.Veg biryani is great dish for family gatherings, friends and for any occasion. Veg biryani is an excellent dish can go with raita, korma and salad.The special thing about kuska biryani is its texture and taste.Both vegetarians and non-vegetarians favorite dish.
Onion -2 medium
Garlic paste – 2tbsp
Red Chilli paste-1tbsp
Yogurt -3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker,add a tsp of yogurt and stir well.
- it gives taste and purifies the oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, aniseed and flower pod.
- Add garlic paste and saute it for few mins.
- Add ginger paste and saute it.
- Add both separately,this is very imporatnt, because ginger gives the real biryani taste and ginger quantity should be more than garlic quantity.
- Add red chilli paste and mix it well.(soak the red chillies in the hot water for few mins and make a fine paste using blender.)
- Add coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Add yogurt , lemon juice and mix it well.
- Add chopped onions and mix it well.
- Add salt, chopped tomatoes and cook it for few mins.
- Add water (1:2) ratio and cook it in a medium
- When the water boils add rice and cook for 10 mins in a meium flame.(Uncovered).
- When the water level reduced add ghee and mix it well
- Pressure cook it in low flame for another 10 mins.
- Serve it hot with raita/korma or salad.
Kadai Chicken – Origin
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – In my view, it is originated from India.The chicken curry prepared in the utensil name called kadai (in tamil) becomes kadai chicken.In Pakistan and Bangladesh the simillar recipe called as karahi chicken, gosht karahi, Kadhai chicken and so on.
Kadai Chicken – Spices and cooking method
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – The cooking method is based on South Indian cuisines. Usually the kadai chicken prepared using boneless chicken. I have done two methods, kadai chicken with bone and kadai chicken with boneless.you can watch these recipes in my site.This is my version of cooking, in the first part marinated chicken pieces cooked with onion tomato, ginger garlic gravy with the basic spices(fresh powder or dry roasted) in a medium cooking process. The second part of the recipe includes sesame oil and crushed peppercorns added to the curry and cooked in the slow process till the gravy is thick. it makes the chicken very juicy, tender and well coated with spices.The texture and taste of the recipe is great. In Tamil Nadu, rice can be added at the end in the kadai and called as a kadai rice that everyone loves it.
Kadai Chicken – Nutritional health benefits
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins helps in losing weight quickly.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.Onion, tomato ,ginger,garlic, peppercorns, cumin, curry leaves have more medicinal properties and good for health.
Kadai Chicken – Serving method
Chicken Recipes – Kadai Chicken – is perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Kadai Chicken served as a main course for family gatherings, friends, parties or Sunday meal. This excellent dish can go well with rice, biryani, roti, naan, paratha, phulka, idli or dosa. Kadai Chicken is must try dish that anyone can do at any time. Try it.
Boneless Chicken -1kg
Turmeric powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Cinnamon bark-3 pieces
Curry leaves-2 spring
Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
For the Sauté:
Green chillies-2 medium
Tomatoes- 2 medium
Curry leaves-2 sprig
Fresh Coriander — 1/3 bunches
- Dry roast the spices(except peppercorns) and make a fine powder and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric ,salt and lemon juice for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté it
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- Add tomatoes and the curry powder with turmeric and the salt.
- Allow it to cook for few mins in a medium flame.
- When the oil floats on the top, add the chicken pieces and mix it well
- Cover it and cook it for the 5 mins in a medium flame.
- Add water and cook it for 7 mins in a medium flame.
- When the chicken is cooked sprinkle sesame oil and crushed peppercorns add it to the chicken curry and mix it well.
- Cook it in a slow flame for 7 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice or roti.
Salt to taste
For the Tempering / Tadka:
Curry leaves-2 spring
For the Sauté:
Shallots- 250 grams
Garlic-6 cloves -1/2 tsp. paste
Ginger -2 inch cube-1/2 tsp. paste
Tomatoes- 2 medium (optional)
Hing -1 pinch (optional)
Fresh Coriander – 1/3 bunches
Spices For the Grinding:
Red Chillies – 8
Coriander seeds -6 TSP
Cumin seeds -1 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
Black Pepper corns- 1 tsp
Curry leaves-1/3 bunch
- Boil the eggs, peel it and keep it aside.
- Fry the spices in the dry pan, till it gets nice aroma.
- Grind the spices to a smooth paste.
- Grind the coconut to a smooth paste separately.
- Crush the tomato using hand and crush the shallots using DD.
- Take boiled eggs in a bowl; add the grinded masala, crushed onions, crushed tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, hing and salt.
- Add handful of sesame oil and mix altogether with hand, marinate it for 5 mins.
- Heat the pan; transfer the mixture to the pan. Sprinkle water.
- Cover it and cook it for 15 min in a medium flame.
- Stir it occasionally. When it’s done, add the coconut paste and simmer it for 15 mins .
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve it hot with rice or roti.
Anchovies Coconut Curry -Dried Anchovy and Coconut Milk – Kerala Style Fish Curry in Coconut Gravy – Origin
Anchovies Coconut Curry -Dried Anchovy and Coconut Milk – Kerala Style Fish Curry in Coconut Gravy is a great dish based on South Indian style of cooking specially from Kerala cuisine.Simple and very delicious dish, easy to prepare.
Dried anchovies curry – Anchovies coconut curry – Karuvadu Thokku – Spices and cooking method
Chepa Pulusu – Netholi Meen Coconut curry – Anchovies curry Kerala Style – This is my version of cooking. Anchovies cooked with shallots,tomatoes and with the spices in slow cooking process. The special ingredient is Coconut / coconut milk, added to the curry enhance the taste. The flavours are realy good. The spicy level can be adjusted according to individual taste.Lima beans and brinjals have added to give rich taste to the curry.
Fish curry with coconut milk kerala style – Nethili Meen Kuzhambhu – Spicy Anchovy Curry Kerala Style – – Nutritional health benefits
Anchovies are good source of omega-3 fatty acid, which helps to promote healthy skin and helps anti aging. Anchovies contains unsaturated fat which can help lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease.Anchovies are rich in protein and a low calorie count, which is an excellent diet to lose weight.Anchovies are rich in iron, which helps to increase white blood cells.Anchovies are rich in minerals such as calcium… which are essential for the growth and maintanenece of strong bones.
Dried Anchovies Curry / Unakka Meen curry – Fish curry coconut milk thai – Serving method
Netholi Meen Coconut Curry – Anchovies indian curry – Anchovy fish curry kerala style – is perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Anchovy fish coconut curry served as a main course with rice.This is perfect dish well goes with idli and dosa. This excellent dish that anyone can do in a quick time and delicious recipe.
Kerala fish curry coconut – Fish curry with coconut milk kerala style – Ingredients
Anchovies -250 gms
Lima Beans-250 gms
Tamarind juice-1 cup
Salt to taste
For the Tadka/Tempering:
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dal-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 spring
Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
For the coconut paste:
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Fish curry coconut milk indian – Fish curry with coconut milk recipe – Preparation method:
Heat oil in a pan add tempering spices.
Once they splutter, add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic cloves and sauté it.
When it turns to golden brown, add chopped tomatoes.
When the tomatoes are cooked well, add tamarind juice .
Add all the spices and salt mix it well.
cook until oil floats on the top.
Add chopped brinjal, boiled lima beans and anchovies..
Cover it and cook for 20 mins in a medium flame.
Add Coconut paste and simmer it for 10 mins.
Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with rice.