Chicken Biryani – Aloo Chicken Chukka Biryani recipe is my version of cooking biryani in chettinad chukka method with chicken and potatoes. This is an excellent dish and one of my favourite. Chicken and potatoes cooked with red chillies,curry leaves, ginger garlic cubes,onion and tomato gravy. Then cooked with rice in slow cooking process. The slow cooking process helps the rice to blend with chicken and the flavor of spices. Chicken aloo chukka biryani is very simple, different from normal biryani recipes and makes you to feel very light.
Chicken Biryani – Biryani is a persian word and originated from Persia brought to India by Mughal.It is one of the famous dish in Mughal Emperors.Biryani is a special rice dish that cooked with meat or vegetables.For a non-vegetarian biryani, the main ingredient is the meat—beef, chicken, goat, lamb, fish or prawn. The dish may be served with Raita, korma, curry, brinjal curry, boiled egg and salad. For a vegetarian biryani meat can be replaced by mixed vegetables.Biryani is very popular dish in South Asian cuisine.
Chicken Biryani – There are many types of biryani’s,the process of cooking makes the difference.I have done 28 types of biryani’s you can watch the recipe videos in my site.From my view there are two methods,rice and meat cooked separately with spices or rice and meat cooked together with spices.The other combination involves marination of meat.In Middle east the meat is cooked in curry,then fried and added to the biryani (Al kabsa, Carrot Rice).In North Indian method, yogurt,nuts,saffron can be used. In south Indian method yogurt,saffron, coconut, tomatoes and aromatic spices can be used. Hyderabadi Biryani from Nizam’s kitchen takes the unique position all the time.In which the marinated meat cooked with rice in slow cooking process called dum biryani.
Chicken Biryani – Chicken is known to be an excellent source of protein.These low-fat proteins also play an important role in assisting overweight people in losing weight quickly. As proteins are also known as the building blocks of muscles,chicken is also a great source if you’re looking for muscle build-up.It contains phosphorus and calcium which helps in strengthening our teeth and bones. It contains Vitamin B6 that lowers your homocysteine level, and keeps heart healthy. It has minerals that strengthens your immune system.chicken is rich in selenium.Chicken is rich in vitamin B3 (Niacin), a vitamin that is essential for cancer protection.Eating chicken will keep energy levels high while metabolism-burning calories can manage to keep you at a healthy weight.
Chicken Biryani – Aloo Chicken chukka biryani is the perfect dish for family gatherings and parties. Aloo Chicken Biryani can be served as the main course either for lunch or dinner. Raita, dhai chutney, korma, brinjal curry, egg and salad are served with chicken biryani as a side dish. This is an excellent dish to taste different from the norm. Try it.
Ginger small piece-1
Fennel seeds-1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Fresh Curry Leaves-4 Sprig
For the Grinding
Coriander seeds-1/2 tbsp
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
- Dry roast all the spices for grinding and make a fine curry powder.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add fennel seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic pieces and fry it.
- Add crushed shallots,cook it untill it turns to golden brown.
- Add salt,turmeric, ginger garlic paste,tomato puree and allow it to boil for few mins.
- When the oil separates, floats on the top and the gravy is thick,add the prepared curry powder and mix it well.
- Add the potato cubes,Chicken pieces and mix it with the masala cook for few mins.
- Add basmatic rice, water (1:2 ratio including the gravy),chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice,mix it well.
- Cover it and pressure cook for 3 whistles in a slow flame.
- Chicken Aloo chukka biryani is ready.Serve it hot with raita, salad or brinjal curry.