Chapati is traditional south Asian dish prepared almost everyday. Chapati(also known as roti) are made from whole wheat flour(atta), it means flattened round. Gujarathis’ made chapatti by adding salt and oil to the dough while punjabi’s wont add.The layered and fried version of chapatti is called paratha and poori. Stuffed parathas also made by stuffing carots eggs, potatoes,…according to their individuval preferences.its very healthy dish. Egg chapati is similar delicious dish.It is very easy to prepare and picnic/ travel time recipe.
Whole wheat flour-1 cup
Egg-1 egg per chappathi
Salt to taste
Pepper as needed
- Take the flour in a large mixing bowl and add normal water.
- Add less water at a time and start to mix the flour to form the dough.
- We need the dough to be soft, so add less water at a time.
- To make a smooth, soft dough. Knead well for 8-10 minutes, adding a little flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Instead of water, you can also use yoghurt or milk. This makes rotis really soft.
- Continue the process till you get the right consistency of the dough.
- Once you’ve got the dough to the right consistency, cover with a damp cloth and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into small portions of evenly size.
- Roll these portions into balls between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
- Very lightly flour a rolling board and roll each ball into a thick circle.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame.
- Place the roti on the pan, when the colour changes flip over to the other side. When you see the balck spots on the opposite side again flip over it.
- Press it gently with spacula. This will help the roti to puff up.
- Whisk the eggs add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, salt and pepper.
- Pour it into the tawa and spread like a omelette.
- Place the cooked roti on the top press it gently and cook it for few mins.
- Flip it to the other side and cook gently.
- Egg chappathi is ready.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with raita.