Potato Recipes – Potato Curry – Origin
Potato Recipes – Potato Curry is an authentic dish from South India. Potato Curry prepared using roasted aromatic spices which has its own flavor and health benefits.Variety of dishes can be prepared with this ingredients, Potato Curry gravy can be prepared with addition of vegetables, eggplant, drumstick, black beans.
Potato Recipes – Potato Curry – Spices and Cooking method
Potato Recipes – Potato Curry is prepared using tamarind extract with Indian aromatic spices. Dry roasted, powdered . Potatoes cooked with the onions, tomatoes, garlic, tamarind extract and the curry powder in a slow cooking process. Similar recipe can be prepared with legumes or yam. Potato curry recipe can be made with sesame oil, which gives richness to the dish, tastes excellent and healthy.
Potato Recipes – Potato Curry – Nutritional health benefits
Potato recipes – Potato Curry – potato is best known for its carbohydrate content. The predominant form of this carbohydrate is starch(RS). The amount of resistant starch in potatoes depends much on preparation methods. Cooking and then cooling potatoes significantly increases resistant starch. For example, cooked potato starch contains about 7% resistant starch, which increases to about 13% upon cooling.The cooking method used can significantly affect the nutrient availability of the potato.RS can also help us stay lean and healthy.
Potato recipes – Potato Curry -Tamarind is the highest source of protein. Protein can produce antibodies that help eradicate viruses and bacteria. Tamarind contains some vitamin C sufficient to keep the healthy teeth and gums and cures missing teeth or bleeding gums.
Potato Recipes – Potato Curry – Serving method
Potato recipes – Potato Curry very delicious and yummy taste.Simple to prepare. Potato curry can be served as a main course with rice eitherr for lunch or dinner. Potato curry can go well with the rice, idli or dosa or roti.
Tamarind pulp-1 cup
Hing – 2 pinch
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard,red chillies,cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies and cook untill it turns translucent and soft
- Add tomatoes and saute it for few mins.
- Add sambar powder,turmeric,salt,cumin powder and chilli powder,mix it well.
- Add tamarind water and cook for 12 mins in a medium flame.
- Add half boiled potatoes,cover it and cook for 10 mins in a medium flame.
- When oil floats on the top and the gravy is thick, switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti/dosa.Enjoy!