Shepherd’s pie is originated from Scotland and traditional Irish recipe. This is really easy, very healthy and tasty recipe that everyone will enjoy.Changes can be made by adding chicken, meat or only vegetables,cheese according to their individual preferences.
Mixed Vegetables – 1cup
Chicken stock-1 cup
Tomato puree-1 cup
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute it.
- Add chopped garlic, tomato puree, salt, pepper and stir it well.
- Add mixed vegetables,chicken stock and stir it well.
- Cook it in the medium flame and bring to simmer for few mins.
- Boil the potatoes in a salted water, drain it.Mash it with butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread veg mixture in the baking dish.
- Add the mashed potato as a topping and baked it for 30 mins until it turns to golden brown.
- Serve it warm.