Broad beans egg pulao recipe is very healthy dish cooked in less spices with less oil. eggs added to the beans and scrambled cooked in a low flame. Broad beans or lablab beans is very good for health and used all over the world in different names. In India it is known as broad beans, avarakkai, chikkudu kai and so on.you can make simple and quick dishes using broad beans.
The egg is a nutrient-dense food, containing high quality protein and a wide range of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Eggs are not high in fat.it contains Vitamin A, D,B2,B12,Folate,Biotin,,pantothenic acid,Choline, Minerals-Phosphorus,Iodine,Selenium.it helps improving healthy skin, eyes and the nervous system.it helps in the development of all cells in the body,for healthy bones and teeth,formation of red blood cells and for energy metabolism.
Broad beans are also rich in both folate and B vitamins, which we need for nerve and blood cell development, cognitive function and energy.Broad beans are an excellent vegetable source of protein and fibre. This may be a winning combination for weight loss.This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium.
Broad Beans is good for skin.you will get shiny gorgeous skin. Broad beans leaf’s juice removes any pimple marks or any scars easily. Variety of dishes can be made with broad beans. I have prepared 15 recipes using broad beans, you can watch these recipe videos in my site. This is yummy and simple dish.
Broad beans egg pulao can be served as a excellent dish for lunch box or picnic. Broad beans egg pulao can be served hot with raita, pickle, papad or any side dish.
Broad Beans-250 grams
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Sambar powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Onion-1 medium (optional)
For the Tempering/Tadka
Urad dal-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Red chillies -4
- Heat the pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, and red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and sauté it till it turns to golden brown.
- Once spluttered, add chopped broad beans and sauté it.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, sambar powder and salt.
- Sprinkle water, cover it and cook for 15 mins in a low flame.
- Add eggs and scrambled it with the broad beans,cook for 5 mins.
- Add cooked rice, sprinkle sesame oil or ghee and mix it well.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve it hot with raita or papad.