Instant: rava idli – is traditional south Indian dish usually prepared for the breakfast or dinner. It’s very healthy dish rich in protein, prepared using mixed semolina and lentils. It is very easy to prepare, no need for the fermentation, it is an instant idli. This batter is slightly coarser from normal idli batter. To add spicy to it, you can add pepper corns .This is spicy idli, so well goes with any sour or coconut related dishes like coconut chutney, tomato chutney, onion chutney and sambar.
Recipe Cuisine: Indian; Preparation Time: 20 mins; Cooking Time: 20 mins; Makes: 25
Ravai /semolina – 1/2 cup
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies – 1 finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds –1 tsp
Salt as required
- Soak semolina in a little buttermilk For the 30 mins.
- Grind it in a blender coarsely with rice flour.
- The batter should be thin and watery.
- Add finely chopped ginger, finely chopped chillies, cumin seeds, whole black pepper and salt.
- For making idlis, grease the Idli plate with oil(optional) .
- Heat the Idli
pan with water and allow the water to boil.
- Pour 3/4 the ladle of idli batter to the idli plates and steam it For the 10-12
- To check its cooked,wet the For thek and insert it into a idli if it is not sticky
and comes out easily idli is ready.
- just switch off the flame and take the idli plate out
- Sprinkle water behind the idli plates and make it to com.
- After a few seconds dip a spoon in water and carefully take out the idlis.
- Serve it hot with chutney or sambar.