Moong dal dosa – is traditional south Indian dish usually prepared for the breakfast or dinner. It’s very healthy dish rich in protein. It is very easy to prepare, no need for the fermentation, it is an instant dosa. This batter is slightly coarser from normal dosa batter. You can prepare either thick or thin crispy dosa according to your taste.This is spicy dosa, so well goes with any sour or coconut related dishes like coconut chutney,ginger chutney or red chili chutney
Raw rice -5 table spoons
Green gram-1 cup
For the Grinding
Green chillies – 4
Cumin seeds -½ TSP
Ginger –1 inch
Ingredients added to the batter
Turmeric powder-¼ tsp
Ginger grated – ¼ tsp (optional)
Onion-1 finely chopped (optional)
Asafoetida – 2pinch
Coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste
Oil – (Ghee or Gingelly/Sesame oil is preferable)
- Wash the rice and dal mixture, and soak it For the 6 hours.
- Grind it coarsely, not too smooth along with onion,green chilies, cumin seeds, and ginger.
- Sprinkle little water, so that the batter is neither thick nor watery.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt, curry leaves, coriander leaves, chopped onions, chopped and green chilies to the batter and mix it well.
- Heat the pan and pour a ladle of batter and spread it like a normal dosa. Sprinkle few drops of oil.
- Once it’s cooked and golden brown in color flip it over to the other side.
- Sprinkle few drops of oil to get a crispy dosa.
- Remove from the pan once it turns to golden brown and cooked well.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney or tomato chutney.